Emsi Software is a leading European provider of behavior analysis technology for analyzing software, especially Malware. The foundation for this has already been laid with the Behavior Analysis module of the already available a-squared Anti-Malware product, which provides real-time monitoring of active programs. To do this, a-squared Anti-Malware switches between operating system and program levels in order to monitor the behavior of all running programs. If damaging actions are suspected then an alarm is emitted and the Malware can be stopped.
Emsi Software is a privately held company located in Austria, EU. The fast growing company balances positively since it was founded in 2003, without foreign capital.
The name "Emsi" comes from the initials of the founder "M C".
- a-squared Anti-Malware specializes in the recognition and elimination of malignant software, so-called Malware. It contains a file scanner and a Background Guard, which use signature-based scans and behavior analysis to recognize and block potentially damaging behavior.
- a-squared Free (free) is a trimmed-down version containing only the file scanner without the Background Guard. This version serves to strengthen the a-squared brand.
- a-squared HiJackFree (free for private users) is a component of a-squared Anti-Malware that assists experienced users in manually searching for and eliminating Malware. It offers extensive features for editing system-internal processes.
- a-squared Anti-Dialer (free for private users) is also used to strengthen the a-squared brand and represents a trimmed-down version of a-squared Anti-Malware specializing in the recognition of Dialers.
- Mamutu is a pure Guard program that recognizes and blocks dangerous software through behavior analysis (Malware-IDS). This was launched in October 2007 and demonstrates the core competence of Emsi Software.