Designed for quick implementation, LSZip is a high-performance Rapid Application Development (RAD) compression library for Windows.
With LSZip you can add industry-standard PKZip and WinZip compatible (2.04g ZIP format) data compression capabilities to your own programs. Our data compression libraries allow to create and manage Zip archives in your Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 (R2), Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, NT and Me/98/95 applications without having to shell out to a "DOS" session. Time critical routines are written in fast, highly-optimized assembler code and can perform at speeds up to 200% faster than other Zip libraries.
Why do you need LSZip?
Your programs handle more data than ever before. That's why data compression is so important. LSZip's state of the art data compression prevents the size of your data from growing out of control.
Data backup isn't the most glamorous of subjects, but it takes on a whole new shine after you or your customers have lost a vital file or, more seriously, an entire volume. Have you or your customers ever lost a full year accounting data or a long report due to a system crash? It's not a good feeling. Especially if you have lost something you need to stay in competition, to stay alive. If this has never happened to you, be warned that your time is coming.
Our LSZip product focuses on streamlining data transfers, as well as creating the comfort of secure transactions. Used individually or collectively, LSZip reduces transfer times and storage needs while ensuring data integrity and security. LSZip cuts file size and transmission costs up to 90%!
LSZip comes with a free LSZip Self-Extractor SDK. It provides an easy and royalty-free way for Windows software application developers to add self-extracting Zip archive creation directly into their own 32-bit Windows applications. The Self-Extractor SDK lets your Windows applications transform an already existing Zip file into a self-extracting zip archive.
Technology that works quietly behind the scenes
The LSZip libraries do not force your applications to display some sort of screen that the compression functionality is powered by Lindersoft. Some compression toolkits require applications to denote their "Makers" or to display something like a "Splash" screen. Our compression technology works quietly behind the scenes! There are literally hundreds of thousands of copies of the LSZip libraries in use every day.
LSZip exposes versatility and power through its easy to use features.
- PKZip and WinZip compatible—LSZip is 100% compatible with PKZIP 1.10, 2.04g and 2.x archives - even 'their' libraries don't have that. Most competitive products support 2.04g archives only
- Disk-Spanning—Built-in support for multiple volumes. Multi-disk Zip files created by LSZip can be used by PKZIP(R), WinZip, and vice-versa
- Self-Extractor—Includes the LSZip Self-Extractor SDK to transform a Zip file into a native 32-bit Windows self-extracting archive. Self-extracting Zip files created with LSZip Self-Extractor SDK can be run silently
- In-memory de-/compression—The 'in-memory' compression and decompression features work directly without using temporary file Input/Output
- Small Footprint—Very small compression and decompression library footprint
- Fast—Ultra fast, low memory usage compression engine. We have developed highly optimized code for superior performance. Time critical routines are written in assembler
- Support for Internationalization—You can customize and translate all messages your end-user might see
- Data Encryption—Built-in support for PKZip and WinZip 2.04g format compatible data encryption and decryption
- Process Information—Support for real time 'Message Pump' and 'Callbacks' to update your progress or status bars, to provide your applications with important process information, and to cancel any operation
- Environment Compatibility—The LSZip DLLs are compatible with Clarion 2003, C4, C5, C5.5, C6, C6.1, C6.2, C6.3, C7, C8, Visual Basic and Visual C++
Download Trial/Demo Downloads: 881